- Tue3:30 - 4:45 pm
01/08/2019, 01/15/2019, 01/22/2019, 01/29/2019, 02/05/2019, 02/12/2019, 02/26/2019, 03/05/2019, 03/12/2019, 03/19/2019, 03/26/2019
Every lesson includes: An introduction of the lesson's subject, a short slideshow (15 min), taking photos inside or outside of the classroom (30 min), reviewing the photos, and a concluding summary.
- Composition. Defying the edge of the frame, using zoom lens, close up and far away. In the slideshow, I will use examples for the Rule of Thirds, Vanishing Point, etc. In addition to this, I will demonstrate "Right and Wrong" Framing (e.g. air above head), as well as the use of color.
- Knowing the Camera. How to use your camera, as well as photography basics: Aperture, Shutter Speed, etc.
During this lesson, we will take photos of different types of lights, shades, and textures.
- Aperture. Depth of Field and Selective Focus. Examples: The group of F64 and the photographer Ansel Adams.
- Shutter Speed. Long Exposure and Freezing Movements. Examples: Sports photos, vehicles in movement, night photography, "freezing" a drop of water. We will take indoor photos of flashlights in the dark (long exposure), a drop of water (short exposure). **Will Need: A large lamp, 2-3 Flashlights**
- Influencing Photographers. History of photography (the very short version). Types of photography.
- Portraits. Taking photos of each other, and of ourselves.
- Photography as A Mean of Self-Expression. A personal point of view. Extraordinary angles. Telling a story through a photo. We will try to tell a story in one or more frames. **Need: accessories, small objects, email the students to bring an object that special to them**
- Studio. Using warm lighting, using studio flashes. Taking pictures inside the studio, using background and lighting. **Need: Studio equipment, objects, makeup**
- Beginner’s Photoshop. **Need: We will need computers for everyone, and a temporary Photoshop version**
- Conclusion. Talking about your pictures, choosing your best pictures, and editing. Photography for me as a photographer.
Other subjects: Special angles, Food photography, Textures, Pin hole Camera.
No class Feb 12.
Participants must be entering grades 4 to 7.
Program enrollment capacity
Registration starts on 12/03/2018 and ends on 01/08/2019.
998 W 26th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2G1, Canada
Room: New campus