3 spots left
- Tue3:30 - 4:45 pm
09/17/2019, 09/24/2019, 10/08/2019, 10/29/2019, 11/05/2019, 11/19/2019, 11/26/2019, 12/03/2019, 12/10/2019, 12/17/2019
Each lesson includes an introduction to the lesson's subject, a short slideshow, taking photos inside or outside of the classroom, reviewing the photos, and a concluding summary. The students can use their own cameras, or the class's cameras as they choose.
No need for any prior knowledge.
- Composition. Defying the edge of the frame, using a zoom lens, close up and far away. In the slideshow, I will use examples for the Rule of Thirds, Vanishing Point, etc. In addition, I will demonstrate "Right and Wrong" Framing (e.g. air above head), as well as the use of colour.
- Knowing the Camera. How to use your camera, as well as photography basics: Aperture, Shutter Speed, etc. During this lesson, we will take photos of different types of lights, shades, and textures.
- Aperture. Depth of Field and Selective Focus. Examples: The group of F64 and the photographer Ansel Adams.
- Shutter Speed. Long Exposure and Freezing Movements. Examples: Sports photos, vehicles in movement, night photography, "freezing" a drop of water.
- Influencing Photographers. History of photography (the very short version). Types of photography.
- Portraits. Taking photos of each other, and of ourselves.
- Photography as a Mean of Self-Expression. A personal point of view. Extraordinary angles. Telling a story through a photo. We will try to tell a story in one or more frames
- Studio. Using warm lighting, using studio flashes. Taking pictures inside the studio, using background and lighting.
- Beginner’s Photoshop / I photo. The students will be using the school's computers.
Participants must be entering grades 4 to 7.
Program enrollment capacity
Registration starts on 08/06/2019 and ends on 09/13/2019.
998 W 26th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5Z 2G1, Canada
Room: New Campus